Idaho Arts Charter School Kindergarten focuses on:
- Foundational skills
- Academic achievement
- Personal accountability – attendance, schoolwork, behaviors
- Literacy and language development
- Mathematical foundations
- Social and emotional development
- Parent support and involvement
Kindergarten is a time for your child to grow academically, socially, and emotionally throughout the year.
Our focus is on the kindergarten curriculum according to the standards of Common Core. We also work on:
- Learning to share
- Showing respect to others
- Being independent, problem solving
- Using common sense, taking initiative
- Doing the right thing because it’s the right thing to do
Although we will be working on these social and developmental skills in kindergarten, we believe that parents are a child’s first teacher and play a critical role in preparing their child for kindergarten.
Kindergarten Readiness Information
Kindergarten Common Core Standards
Kindergarten is so much more than just learning the academics, and meeting benchmarks, it’s growing and developing as a whole child.